If you want to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 or want to try some custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 7 then you need to install a Custom Recovery on your phone. A huge thanks to WolfW for providing the unofficial TWRP for Galaxy Note 7. This recovery works on Exynos model only. So here is the step by step guide to install twrp recovery on Galaxy Note 7. After installing twrp recovery, you can use twrp to root your galaxy note 7.
Benefit Of Rooting :
- Get rid of all bloatware
- Install Custom Roms easily.
- Take the complete backup using Titanium Backup.
- Explore root directory of your phone.
- Overclock your android phone processor.
- Block ads.
- Change boot screen
- Optimize your mobile apps in a clever way.
- Change or spoof the MAC Id of your Android.
- Change Device ID.
- Use Firewall
- And Much More
Risks of Rooting :
- Say good bye to Warranty
- Might Expose you to more security risks
- You might brick your device
- Download Odin_v1.83.zip
- Galaxy note 7 USB Drivers
- TWRP recovery for galaxy note 7
- dm-verity and force encryption disabler
- SuperSu for Galaxy Note 7
Install TWRP On Galaxy Note 7
- Go to About Phone then tap the Build Number 7 times, Now your developer mode is enabled. Now go to Settings then Developer Option. Now Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Now to install Galaxy Note 7 Driver On your PC, Connect your Galaxy Note 7 to PC by data cable. Then locate the driver file and double click on it, Follow the on screen instructions and complete the installation process. Then Restart your PC.
- Extract the Odin File. Then run Odin.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 7 to your PC by data cable then reboot to Download or Odin mode. To enter into Odin mode, first turn off your device then press and hold “Home+Volume Down+Power” Button until you see the download mode screen.
- Now you can see in Odin Message Box that your device is added. If nothing happened then it means driver is not correctly installed or you can try some other data cables.
- In Files[Download] option in Odin, locate and add your twrp recovery for galaxy note 7 image file to the AP/PDA.
- In the Option box, Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked.
- After doing everything correctly, Now click on the Start button. Now it will start flashing the twrp recovery on your phone.
Now to boot into recovery mode you have to press and hold “Home+Volume Up+Power” Button .
Know About : How To Use Google Cardboard VR without Gyroscope
Root Galaxy Note 7
- Go to TWRP recovery mode.
- Then go to WIPE Data Section and do a factory reset.
- Now in TWRP recovery tap on Install Zip and flash m-verity and force encryption disabler.
- Now reboot your device and go to twrp recovery again.
- Then in Install zip section flash the SuperSU and reboot your device.
- Aye! your device is rooted.
If you faced any problem then comment below..