When I personally installed Windows 10 for the first time. I faced this problem. At that time I tried so many methods after researching on google. But all failed. So I downgraded to Windows 8.1 . But now I again installed Windows 10 with the same Service Host : Local System Internet Draining issue. Like others, I dont have better internet connection. So this issue was critical for me. This issue was due to Microsoft’s Auto Windows update. Microsoft says that in Windows 10, we can’t turn off Automatic Windows update. But there is a way by which we can turn off auto update permanently. After doing this, Service Host: Local System will be disabled, you won’t see this process in ur task manager any more.
- Press Window+R button to open the run box.
- Then type services.msc and hit Enter.
- If you get any “The stub received bad data” error, then close and do the step again.
- Or if you don’t want to type any type of run command then just search Services in start and you will get one.
- In Services windows, you will see list of different services. Scroll down to “Windows Update” and double click on it.
- In Startup type section, select “disabled” from the drop down menu.
- Now open the task manager, then find the Service Host : Local System process and click on End Process.
- Now you disabled this process permanently.
NOTE : When you install any driver or windows related softwares, you may face some problems, to solve those problems. Enable Windows Update for some times, Then after completing your work disable it again.
So by this you can solve internet draining problem which is caused by Service Host Local System process permanently. I hope this worked for you. If there is any problem, then don’t forget to comment below..