Android devices come with locked bootloader for so many reasons. It’s not because carriers or manufacturers wants to own your hardware and they want to prevent you from installing custom roms and recoveries on your device, there are so many security reasons. If bootloader is locked in your device then you will only able to boot the current operating system which is available on your device. It will refuse to load any other custom roms. So here is the step by step process by which you can unlock bootloader of ZTE Axon 7 easily.
- Unlocking bootloader voids your warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you may brick your android device.
- This process will erase all your data, so it will be better if you take a backup of your user data.
- Minimum 60% battery charge is recommended if you want to avoid accidental shut down.
Instructions To Unlock Bootloader of ZTE Axon 7 :
- First of all, visit the ZTE developer lounge and register there. Then fill up the form to unlock the bootloader. After some days you will receive and OTA update. So you have to apply the update on your device.
- Now go and download the ADB AND FASTBOOT INSTALLER TOOL from HERE. Then install it on your PC.
- Open your device, go to Settings > About Phone tap on the build number 7 times. Then your developer options will be unlocked in your settings. Now go back to settings and go to Developer Options, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock. Now connect your android device with PC using a Data Cable.
- It will ask you for USB Debugging “Always allow from this computer” permission, just grant it. Now go to the folder where adb tools are installed. Then hold SHIFT and right click you will see an Open Command Window Here option, Click on it.
- Now to boot your device to fastboot mode, press and hold Power+Volume Down together or you use the below command in the opened command prompt
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify your device connectivity use this command
- Now to check whether the bootloader is locked or not use the below command to know the bootloader status.
fastboot oem unlock-info
- If it locked, then to unlock it use the below command.
fastboot oem unlock
Warning: It will erase all your user data.
- Now you will receive a message like below on your android screen. Just select yes and reboot your device.
- Now your bootloader is unlocked, to verify it you can use the above command.
So this is how you can unlock bootloader of ZTE Axon 7. I hope it worked for you, if you are still facing any problem then why don’t you comment..